Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's so strange

that in these moments, i know it's true

all love, joy, freedom and peace

they're all found in You

despite my meandering 

you make my paths straight

when i look elsewhere

you still keep your eyes on me


and i realise it's all true

nothing will keep anyone from you

not rules nor laws

mistakes or flaws

any kind of distractions 

or our lame attempts at perfection


not songs of love, or songs of hate

politics, politicians, and all their perfidious bait

a lack of money, a lack of time

the absence of life's reason and rhyme

any victory, any loss

any gain or any cost


show me something that will quell You

any fane or rumination 

even strongest rock and softest flow'r

smallest sparrow and highest tower

could only came into being 

by your call and beckoning


so keep me, keep me with You

though the grass seems greener off the beaten path

if i stray, if i fail to follow through

call me, bring me back to You

show me, tell me of Your love

keep me in awe, and very much in love

with You


It's so strange

that in these moments, i know it's true

Your love is too good, and only too true

that i'd captured in this wonderful rapture

for one day further than forever


it's so strange

that it's so natural;

how i'm made to fit the crook of your arms

how we wander to you, in cheer and doldrums

how we long for You

Oh how we long for You


No comments: