Saturday, July 11, 2009

what really matters

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus, 
You can have all this world, 
But give me Jesus

When I am alone
When I am alone
When I am alone, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus, 
You can have all this world, 
But give me Jesus

When I come to die
When I come to die
When I come to die, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus, 
You can have all this world, 
You can have all this world, 
You can have all this world, 
But give me Jesus


this is like, the ultimate funeral song(such a great tune + Brooke Fraser sang it).
on a more sombre note, it started to make me contemplate all over again what really matters. 
and the scary thing is that it's hard to tell when you're drifting away from God because you're(at least ME) busy enjoying and also busy enjoying being busy.
so it's a rather terrifying thought, that at the end of the road, we might find ourselves in a very different destination from where we intended to end up, all simply because we took a minor wrong turn along the way, and never bothered to turn back. 
and it led us further 
and further
and further away.

surely going to church isn't enough.
singing songs isn't enough
saying and doing the right things isn't enough.
desiring God seems to be the 2 magical words here.
but now i'm not sure that's enough. because somewhere along the way, we might end up getting mistaken in our pursuit.
and come on, we're human, how long can we desire God for?
surely we need to pick ourselves up once(not if) we fall.
i don't think simple words can tell anyone what's enough to stay on this straight and narrow path. 

recently wilfred(a nice friend who happens to be quite tall) told me he and eunice(a nice friend who's very nice to laugh at) met with a car crash. eunice(women drivers heehee) lost control of the car and it FLIPPED OVER TWICE and landed upright. they got away with mere cuts and bruises. 

and so i'm wondering what if i'm one of them, but i was not fortunate enough to escape death? 

right now i can say that i'm pretty much ok with it; life is great because i have Jesus.
but oh man, it's gonna suck, to have to leave behind so many things. 

what's scary is to wander away from God. and because i've friends who are away from God now, i don't dare to tilt my head back and laugh at the possibility of that thought. 

so i hope that for those of you who are reading this, we WILL stay in this faith and receive that promised crown of righteousness(ok it feels weird to use such big words) 

No comments: