Saturday, October 18, 2008

i wonder!

i forgot i had a bunch of stuff saved in my macbook(i'm deliberately mentioning macbook because i want to let all of you know that ONCE YOU GO MAC YOU DON'T GO BACK), them being excerpts from good reads i had. so this one is from The Ragamuffin Gospel, it's really my most favourite book of the year, i'm not saying that it's my most favourite book simply because i'm mentioning it now and therefore i'm unconsciously brainwashing myself that the book is good, the book is wonderful, the book is therefore THE BEST. 

if you don't understand what i said, there's a high chance a lot of other people don't. me included.

anyway, this was the prayer of a rabbi, which he revealed as he lay on his deathbed. he said that he had never regretted a single moment of his life, thanks to God.

without further delay, here it is

Dear Lord, grant me the grace of wonder. Surprise me, amaze me, awe me in every crevice of Your universe. Delight me to see how Your Christ plays in ten thousand places, lovely in limbs, and lovely in eyes not His, to the Father through the features of men’s faces. Each day enrapture me with Your marvelous things without number. I do not ask to see the reason for it all; I ask only to share the wonder of it all. 



i don't wanna spoil the mood now by saying too much stuff, but i think this is something i really could learn from. to re learn once again how to be a child. a good boy, not a naughty one, of course. to take my cynicism, my skepticism, and sarcasm(the kind that is intentionally hurtful) and give their butts a good hard kick. then chuck them out of the window(remembering to open the window because it would be a pain to sweep up any broken glass).



Each day enrapture me with Your marvelous things without number. I do not ask to see the reason for it all; I ask only to share the wonder of it all.

No comments: