Monday, October 27, 2008


I like the way you look

those papered memories we took

a minute, a second from the giggles

we could never hope to stifle


now we're the past, and the past is broken

yes, we're broken, and it's still unspoken

we're the future, we're apart

we're the desires of our heart


it's a crying shame; that stupid game

i took the bait; now there're only losers


the seams are undone, it seems

it teems with unbridled arbitrary unlicensed hope

it's barely bound by fraying tattered rope


i'm running, i'm hiding

from you, myself, from everything

tell me your name, i fear of you

we haven't met; i already know you


i've seen you in black and white

moving pictures, at high temperatures

i spoke to you before, my friend of uncharted future

you just didn't hear, you never strained an ear


give me your self, and i'll give you mine

we could be beautiful, i can divine

never apart, at worst a part

of a One, a palpitating heart.


we're one plus one, and still we're One

or maybe we are halves, with wedges and nooks

crannies and crooks

all along waiting; all along aching

to fit and fill, relieve and fulfill

myself, yourself and us

to write an unwritten book


then unwrite the written book

that others, mortal and now dust

have painstakingly written, 

and left for replication


no, my dear, let's not be taken

we'll write a classic, an epic storybook!


we'll be divine, we'll learn to fly

we'll make our homes up in the sky

we're no Icarus, we'll never collide

with the earth, it's unbreakable hide


*here's a rather light hearted version*

we'll be divine, we'll be so fly

we'll even do our business in the sky

poor fools who're down to earth

when they find out what hit them, they'll be unnerved!


we could be beautiful, we could be divine

my friend from uncharted future, you left me for Time

we're apart now, but soon we'll be a part

of a One, a One beating heart


just tell me your name, show me your face

step through time, then we can keep in pace

I don't know you, but I don't know me too

we'll start on the same page, and write us through


No comments: